1. In person burn seminar, September 24 http://orwma.org/event/texas-am-agrilife-extension-fire-seminar-at-weimar-civic-center-1754-ih-10/
2. When the deer checker information is finalized I will send out the list of contact information. I will also include Scorer information.
3. According to Mark Lange we should be getting an email later in the week about printing tags. DO NOT REPRINT TAGS! This is a felony! Ask Mark if you have any issues.
4. Our next board meeting is October 3 at 2:00 pm at the Community Center.
YOUTH HUNT – November 19-21, 2021
1. If you wish to donate a blind (that can sit at least 2 people) please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will forward to Keith and Vernon.
2. We will have a ranch wide dinner on Saturday, November 20. More details to come.
3. If you wish to help, please email email@example.com and I will include you when the planning meeting is scheduled.
The October ORWMA Board meeting will be held Sunday, October 3rd at 2 pm at the Community Center. Three Board positions will be up for election at the meeting. The positions are for Vice-President (currently held by Steve Jaap), Secretary/Treasurer (currently held by Angie Konvicka), and Whitetail Deer Chairperson (currently held by Jerry Rogers). The term is for two years with no term limits and will begin on January 1, 2022. Angie Konvicka will NOT be seeking reelection as she plans on finally enjoying retirement! Our communications chair, Angie Peters, can assist with the minutes and correspondence portion of the Secretary/Treasurer position which would leave the financials.
The duties of the above positions are listed below as taken from the ORWMA By-laws:
1. Will assume the President’s duties in the President’s absence.
2. Will perform other duties as requested by the President or Board of Directors
1. Maintains all Association Records (including membership records.)
2. Records and distributes minutes of the Association Meetings at least 3 days prior to the next meeting for review and approval at the next meeting.
3. Handles Association Correspondence as requested.
4. Responsible for accounting of Association’s Funds.
5. Prepares the Monthly Treasurer’s Report for the Board of Directors
C) Whitetail Deer Chairperson
1. Will promote accurate census and harvest data records.
2. Will oversee the administration of Deer Checkers.
3. Will keep membership informed of changes to MLD program or other regulations or changes that affect ORWMA.
If you are interested in serving in one of these positions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or come to one of the board meetings. Dates and times will be posted on the website and on the ORWMA Facebook page. Even though board meetings are generally held once a month, these positions will require much more than that.
A sweet picture …
1. Deer spotlighting is every Saturday night in August. Meet at the community center at 8:30 pm if you wish to participate.
2. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you fill out your deer census and turn it into Jerry. If you don’t, your doe permits could be in jeopardy. VERY IMPORTANT!!! Attached is Mark Lange’s letter to all the WMA,s, but we made it specific to Oakridge. The second document is the herd composition form and instructions.
3. The fall meeting (doe permit meeting) is September 11, 2021 at 9:00 am at the community center with Mark Lange.
4. The next ORWMA meeting is September 12, 2021 at 4:00 pm at the community center.5. The Texas youth hunt is November 19-21. If you wish to donate a stand, get with Vernon email@example.com or Keith firstname.lastname@example.org. Saturday night will be a dinner and the ranch is invited. Please bring a side dish or dessert. The meats will be brisket and sausage. Also, the kids need something to do on Saturday so if you wish to allow fishing at your pond, please let Vernon know.