To enter the White Tail contest you can sign up here https://ccwma.org/payment-center/ . Remember for online entries, if you are not paying dues for one of the WMAs you do not need to select a WMA for the contest, if you harvest a buck the scorer will mark on the data sheet which WMA it was from. For online entry select the number of hunters to enter and then enter the same number of names below. If you enter by mail you can include all the names you would like to enter and payment at $20 per person. Keep in mind there are deadlines on entry, get it in ASAP so you don’t forget and there will be entry forms at the fall meetings.
To add to it, if you check a buck in that doesn’t place you could win $100 gift card just for checking it in and being entered in the contest.
The herd comp counts were due the first week of September and dues plus the MLD fee need to be paid ASAP if you haven’t already. Mark Lange will be issuing tags in the next week or so only to properties that have completed everything. So if you have counts they need to be turned in to Jerry Rogers via email at Jerry.Rogers@mcdermott.com very soon and dues need to be paid to your leadership or online at ccwma.org under payment center. The MLD via needs to be paid at https://lma.tpwd.state.tx.us/ by logging in and clicking the shopping cart on the upper right. Currently we have roughly half of the properties signed up in MLD that have returned herd comp counts, it’s a requirement to get tags so if you want tags you need to send in counts.
Any questions let me know.
ORWMA met yesterday and Yolanda Gonzalez was appointed as the new event chairperson. We thank Lisa Kelly for her past service.
Deer season preparation will start next month. There will be spotlighting every Wednesday and Saturday evenings in August. We also HAVE TO FILL OUT AND TURN IN DEER COMPOSITION worksheets or Mark Lange said no permits for you! More detailed information on both to follow so don’t panic. Earl is getting this all together.
Deer Spotlighting will start on July 31, 2021 at 8:30 pm at the community center.
Also attached is the deer census forms and instructions and letter from Mark Lange pertaining to the hunting season.
The annual Doe Permit Meeting will be September 19 at 6:30 pm at the Community Center. Annual Dues of $20 and Participation Fee of $20 must both be current.
The Colorado County Wildlife
Management Association’s Spring Banquet is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. Saturday,
March 16th, 2019 at the Columbus Hall (formerly K.C. Hall) in Columbus,
Texas. We will have a full catered barbecue meal at 6:00 p.m. with free
soft drinks and beer while it lasts. Meal tickets will be $10 for adults
and $5 for kids 12 and under. There is no cost to attend if you don’t
plan to eat.
We will have our big raffle, bucket raffles, scoring contest and card raffle items. We will also have many vendors with nice merchandise to look over and purchase. The 2018 Scholarship winners and the Whitetail Contest winners will be recognized.
Bring your buck mounts and be eligible to win one of five $50 gift certificates. All bucks harvested on C.C.W.M.A. property in 2018 and over the past years are welcomed and will be appreciated and enjoyed by all. Make sure they can be hung for viewing. Also bring your game cam and regular photos for the Photo Contest. We will have Will Newman with Pheasants Forever talk about habitat incentive programs and your options as a landowner to get cost share money to improve wildlife habitat. The general public is also invited to attend this family friendly event.
Texas Parks and Wildlife
1117 Travis St.
Columbus, TX 78934
We conduct our annual deer survey during the month of August. We encourage all who are interested in the road survey we do to come on out. Surveys will begin and end at Jim Trickett’s house LOCATED AT 1278 Oakridge Rd. You may bring a beverage of your choice.
- Saturday, Aug 12 Gather at 7:15PM, Start at 8:00PM Visit while trucks are out if not counting
- Saturday, Aug 19 (Taylor Reunion) Come on out and visit
- Friday, Aug 25 Gather at 7:15PM, Start at 8:00PM Visit while trucks are out if not counting
Your personal survey results should be turned in to Jim Trickett no later than September 1st.
ANNUAL PERMIT MEETING
- Saturday, September 23, 9:00AM at the Community Center
- ORWMA Dues $20 / Deer Hunt Participation Fee $20
- There are several new regulations that will impact hunters at Oakridge that will be discussed at this meeting
- Due to a change in TPWD regulations ORWMA will be responsible for printing the doe permits and will have them at this meeting
- A list of deer checkers with their contact information will be provided at the meeting.
- If you don’t attend this meeting and pickup your permits then they will be available by appointment only
- September 30, 2017 to February 28, 2018
- Does may be taken with a MLD permit only
- Does may be harvested with any legal means (firearm, bow, crossbow, muzzle loader etc.) during this season.
- All does must be checked in with an ORWMA deer checker or the TPWD biologist. The deer must be field dressed when checked in.
- You will receive a replacement permit each time you check in a doe.
- The TPWD seasons, restrictions, and bag limits for Colorado County apply. For example: September 30 – November 3 is Archery Only Season, Bucks may only be harvested with archery equipment. Youth, General, and Muzzleloader seasons and restrictions all apply to buck harvest.
- All bucks must be checked in with an ORWMA deer checker or the TPWD biologist. The deer must be field dressed when checked in.
- Bucks are tagged with a tag from your hunting license.
If you have any questions feel free to give me a call.
Whitetail Deer Chairman