- The fish fry and crawfish boil is this Saturday, the 17th. Mark Lange will speak at 4 and dinner served at 5. Please bring a dessert to share and if you wish, non-perishable food items or cash donations for the Columbus Food Bank. We will also have ORWMA merchandise for sale.
- The board elected to have Mark set up our accounts for doe tags. Therefore, you need to provide your name, email address and TRACT AND SECTION NUMBER so he can map it. This information can be found at Colorado CAD if you do not know it. After Mark sets up your account you will get an invite email. If you cannot make the meeting, you may email Mark email@example.com .
- We recommend not mowing right now due to fawn and bird activities.
- Hog busters have captured 166 hogs this year.
- Turkey hunting is through the end of April.
- Road clean up is scheduled for April 24, 8:00 am at the front gate.
- The next Board meeting is scheduled for May 2 at 2:00 pm at the Community Center.
ANNUAL CRAWFISH/SHRIMP BOIL
DATE: April 17, 2021/Saturday
TIME: Serving 5pm to 7 pm
LOCATION: Community Center
FOOD SERVED: Boil Crawfish/Shrimp, Potatoes, Corn and Desserts
Our charity for this years is Colorado County Food Bank. Donations of non-perishable items like canned goods, dry cereal, pasta, etc.
Money donations are also welcome.
ALL OAKRIDGE LAND OWNERS ARE WELCOME!!
The October ORWMA Board meeting will be held Saturday, October 3 at 10 am at the Community Center. Two Board positions will be up for election at the meeting. The positions are for President (currently held by Earl Fly) and Communications Chairperson (currently held by Angie Peters). The term is for two years with no term limits and will begin on January 1, 2021.
The duties of the President are to provide the administrative leadership, set the Board Meeting Agenda and preside over Board meetings. The President also maintains the by-laws and interprets by-law questions for the association. In addition, the President of ORWMA is also a member of the Colorado County Wildlife Management Association (CCWMA) Leadership team and meets with the team to plan
the Spring Banquet, review scholarship applications, and other duties as required.
The duties of the Communications Chairperson are to post events/news on the ORWMA website and ORWMA Facebook page, ensure that advertising events and notices of events are emailed to Landowners through the ORWMA g-mail account, prepare calendar of events/news to be turned in to ORIA for quarterly newsletter, and to maintain ORWMA Bulletin Boards at North and South gates. The
Communications Chairperson will also perform other duties as requested by the Board of Directors.
If you are interested in serving in one of these positions, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org, or come to one of the board meeting. Dates and times will be posted on the website and on the ORWMA Facebook page. Even though board meetings are generally
held once a month, these positions will require much more than that.
Also open positions are Birding and Turkeys.
The annual Doe Permit Meeting will be September 19 at 6:30 pm at the Community Center. Annual Dues of $20 and Participation Fee of $20 must both be current.