The ORWMA Fall Meeting (AKA the Doe Permit Meeting) will be held Saturday, September 10 th at 9 am at the Community Center. Colorado County Wildlife Biologist, Mark Lange will be present to go over new rules and regulations. In order to print out doe tags, landowners must be registered on the Texas Parks & Wildlife LMA data base. A $30 fee must be paid online to the State of Texas by October 1 st and $25 ORWMA dues must be paid by September 30 th .
The September ORWMA Board Meeting will be held Immediately following the Fall Meeting. (The ORIA Board Meeting is Sunday September 11 th at 2 pm). Among the topics for discussion will be election of ORWMA Board members that will be held at the October Board Meeting. Currently, 2 positions are up for election for a term of 2 years.
A) President (Currently Earl Fly)
- Provides the administrative leadership, sets the Board Meeting Agenda and presides
over Board meetings.
- Maintains the by-laws and interprets by-law questions for the association.
B) Communications Chairperson (Currently Angie Peters)
- Will post events/news on the ORWMA website and ORWMA Facebook page.
- Will ensure that advertising events and notices of events are emailed to Landowners
through the ORWMA g-mail account.
- Will prepare calendar of events/news to be turned in to ORIA for quarterly newsletter.
- Will help to maintain ORWMA Bulletin Boards at North & South gates.
In addition, the President is also a member of the Colorado County Wildlife Management Association (CCWMA) Leadership Team. In this role the President helps in the planning and execution of the CCWMA Spring Banquet. The President also takes part in the CCWMA Scholarship selection process.
Also, up for discussion at the board meeting, will be the November Youth Hunt. We are looking for cash donations, landowners to volunteer deer stands, and volunteers to help with the event.
Hope to see you Saturday
President Oakridge Ranch Wildlife Management Association.