The October ORWMA Board meeting will be held Sunday, October 3rd at 2 pm at the Community Center. Three Board positions will be up for election at the meeting. The positions are for Vice-President (currently held by Steve Jaap), Secretary/Treasurer (currently held by Angie Konvicka), and Whitetail Deer Chairperson (currently held by Jerry Rogers). The term is for two years with no term limits and will begin on January 1, 2022. Angie Konvicka will NOT be seeking reelection as she plans on finally enjoying retirement! Our communications chair, Angie Peters, can assist with the minutes and correspondence portion of the Secretary/Treasurer position which would leave the financials.
The duties of the above positions are listed below as taken from the ORWMA By-laws:
1. Will assume the President’s duties in the President’s absence.
2. Will perform other duties as requested by the President or Board of Directors
1. Maintains all Association Records (including membership records.)
2. Records and distributes minutes of the Association Meetings at least 3 days prior to the next meeting for review and approval at the next meeting.
3. Handles Association Correspondence as requested.
4. Responsible for accounting of Association’s Funds.
5. Prepares the Monthly Treasurer’s Report for the Board of Directors
C) Whitetail Deer Chairperson
1. Will promote accurate census and harvest data records.
2. Will oversee the administration of Deer Checkers.
3. Will keep membership informed of changes to MLD program or other regulations or changes that affect ORWMA.
If you are interested in serving in one of these positions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or come to one of the board meetings. Dates and times will be posted on the website and on the ORWMA Facebook page. Even though board meetings are generally held once a month, these positions will require much more than that.