We conduct our annual deer survey during the month of August. We encourage all who are interested in the road survey we do to come on out. Surveys will begin and end at Jim Trickett’s house LOCATED AT 1278 Oakridge Rd. You may bring a beverage of your choice.
- Saturday, Aug 12 Gather at 7:15PM, Start at 8:00PM Visit while trucks are out if not counting
- Saturday, Aug 19 (Taylor Reunion) Come on out and visit
- Friday, Aug 25 Gather at 7:15PM, Start at 8:00PM Visit while trucks are out if not counting
Your personal survey results should be turned in to Jim Trickett no later than September 1st.
ANNUAL PERMIT MEETING
- Saturday, September 23, 9:00AM at the Community Center
- ORWMA Dues $20 / Deer Hunt Participation Fee $20
- There are several new regulations that will impact hunters at Oakridge that will be discussed at this meeting
- Due to a change in TPWD regulations ORWMA will be responsible for printing the doe permits and will have them at this meeting
- A list of deer checkers with their contact information will be provided at the meeting.
- If you don’t attend this meeting and pickup your permits then they will be available by appointment only
- September 30, 2017 to February 28, 2018
- Does may be taken with a MLD permit only
- Does may be harvested with any legal means (firearm, bow, crossbow, muzzle loader etc.) during this season.
- All does must be checked in with an ORWMA deer checker or the TPWD biologist. The deer must be field dressed when checked in.
- You will receive a replacement permit each time you check in a doe.
- The TPWD seasons, restrictions, and bag limits for Colorado County apply. For example: September 30 – November 3 is Archery Only Season, Bucks may only be harvested with archery equipment. Youth, General, and Muzzleloader seasons and restrictions all apply to buck harvest.
- All bucks must be checked in with an ORWMA deer checker or the TPWD biologist. The deer must be field dressed when checked in.
- Bucks are tagged with a tag from your hunting license.
If you have any questions feel free to give me a call.
Whitetail Deer Chairman