1. In person burn seminar, September 24 http://orwma.org/event/texas-am-agrilife-extension-fire-seminar-at-weimar-civic-center-1754-ih-10/
2. When the deer checker information is finalized I will send out the list of contact information. I will also include Scorer information.
3. According to Mark Lange we should be getting an email later in the week about printing tags. DO NOT REPRINT TAGS! This is a felony! Ask Mark if you have any issues.
4. Our next board meeting is October 3 at 2:00 pm at the Community Center.
YOUTH HUNT – November 19-21, 2021
1. If you wish to donate a blind (that can sit at least 2 people) please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will forward to Keith and Vernon.
2. We will have a ranch wide dinner on Saturday, November 20. More details to come.
3. If you wish to help, please email email@example.com and I will include you when the planning meeting is scheduled.
1. Deer spotlighting is every Saturday night in August. Meet at the community center at 8:30 pm if you wish to participate.
2. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you fill out your deer census and turn it into Jerry. If you don’t, your doe permits could be in jeopardy. VERY IMPORTANT!!! Attached is Mark Lange’s letter to all the WMA,s, but we made it specific to Oakridge. The second document is the herd composition form and instructions.
3. The fall meeting (doe permit meeting) is September 11, 2021 at 9:00 am at the community center with Mark Lange.
4. The next ORWMA meeting is September 12, 2021 at 4:00 pm at the community center.5. The Texas youth hunt is November 19-21. If you wish to donate a stand, get with Vernon firstname.lastname@example.org or Keith email@example.com. Saturday night will be a dinner and the ranch is invited. Please bring a side dish or dessert. The meats will be brisket and sausage. Also, the kids need something to do on Saturday so if you wish to allow fishing at your pond, please let Vernon know.
Deer Spotlighting will start on July 31, 2021 at 8:30 pm at the community center.
Also attached is the deer census forms and instructions and letter from Mark Lange pertaining to the hunting season.
The Colorado County Wildlife Management Association’s (CCWMA) Banquet is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. Saturday, July 10, 2021, at the Columbus Hall (formerly K.C. Hall) in Columbus, Texas. There will be live music from 4:00-6:30 and a full catered barbecue meal at 6:00 p.m. with free soft drinks and free beer while it lasts. Meal tickets will be $12 for adults and $6 for kids 12 and under. There is no cost to attend.
There will be card raffles for a Yeti cooler and an Argentina Dove Hunt, bucket raffles, a buck scoring contest and of course the drawing for the big raffle. There will also be vendors with merchandise for purchase. The 2020 Scholarship winners and the 2020 Whitetail Contest winners will be recognized.
Bring your WMA harvested buck mounts to be displayed and be eligible to win one of five $50 gift certificates. Make sure they can be hung for viewing. Also, bring your game cam and regular photos for the Photo Contest. This year’s guest speaker will be TJ Muir (Wildlife Damage Management Biologist with Wildlife Services) and he will discuss feral hog control.
The general public is also invited to attend this family friendly event. Proceeds from the event go to help fund future scholarships. To date, CCWMA has handed out over $130,000 in scholarships to local and/or CCWMA affiliated graduating seniors. Hope to see you there!
The annual Ice Cream Social will be held July 17th at 5 pm at the Community Center. Bring your favorite ice cream, toppings, or cookies. Watch your email, facebook, and ORWMA website for details.
Attached is the flyer for the TPWD District 7 2021 Webinar Series. All will be virtual over the lunch hour so hope you can find time to listen in. The webinars begin July 7. Below is the link to register just in case the link on the flyer does not work.
And looking down the road, the Fall Meeting (AKA the doe permit meeting) will be held September 11th at 9 am at the Community Center. Mark Lange will address the changes to the MLD program and how they affect ORWMA.
If you are planning on taking a doe with an MLD permit, note the deadline for creating your account in the Land Management Assistance (LMA) database is June 14. Payment is due before October 1. If you have any questions call or e-mail Mark Lange as listed below.
Oakridge Ranch Wildlife Management Association
Texas Parks and Wildlife
1117 Travis Street
Columbus, TX 78934