ANNUAL PERMIT MEETING
- Saturday, September 23, 9:00AM at the Oakridge Community Center
- ORWMA Dues $20 / Deer Hunt Participation Fee $20
- There are several new regulations that will impact hunters at Oakridge that will be discussed at this meeting
- Due to a change in TPWD regulations, ORWMA will be responsible for printing the doe permits and will have them at this meeting
- A list of deer checkers with their contact information will be provided at the meeting.
- If you don’t attend this meeting and pickup your permits then they will be available by appointment only
- September 30, 2017 to February 28, 2018
- Does may be taken with a MLD permit ONLY
- Does may be harvested with any legal means (firearm, bow, crossbow, muzzle loader etc.) during this season.
- All does must be checked in with an ORWMA deer checker or the TPWD biologist. The deer must be field dressed when checked in.
- You will receive a replacement permit each time you check in a doe.
- The TPWD seasons, restrictions, and bag limits for Colorado County apply (See the current Outdoor Annual) [2017-2018].
- Archery Only – September 30, 2017 thru November 3, 2017
- Youth Only – October 28-29, 2017 and January 8-21, 2018
- General Season – November 4, 2017 thru January 7, 2018
- Muzzleloader Season – January 8 – 21, 2018
- All bucks must be checked in with an ORWMA deer checker or the TPWD biologist. The deer must be field dressed when checked in.
- Bucks are tagged with a tag from your hunting license.
ORWMA’s continued participation in the TPWD MLD Program depends on your cooperation and compliance with these requirements.
If you have any questions feel free to give me a call.
Whitetail Deer Chairman